Friday 8 June 2012

Barnaby Banner for the Craft Cafe

The Barnaby Craft Cafe Crew decided that we would create our own Craft Cafe Banner. 
So, we set a date, put together our heads and materials (there MAY just have been a little wine and cider involved too) and had a fun, fun evening!

Is that your phone?

While we were waiting for Helen B to arrive, Helen W and I were chatting and a telephone rang. 
I ran to the office to answer it and Helen held up my phone "it's here!" she called. 
Great - I grabbed it but it wasn't ringing. But Helen's coat was.  
"You must have the same ringtone as me, then" she said. 
"Can't remember!' laughed I. 
"Ring it and find out" she suggested
"Why not?" said I.
And I did. And it wasn't. It wasn't even remotely similar.

Maybe it is just as well there is no video evidence of that as we were practically crying laughing, barely unable to stand!

Still, we did compose ourselves and got making...



There was still more laughter throughout the evening... 




 With the rare serious moment...before I mentioned that the upside of being a vampire would be that you would have all those extra years to craft. But Helen W did come up with rather a good point that there hasn't actually been any recording of a vampire who was known for her badge making prowess or knitting skills....hm, maybe 'Twighlight' should be worried, I can feel a new story coming on...


Hmm...wonder why that wine is blurred?


We WERE working...honest!


We decided to make everyone badges with my new badge making machine. As Helen was cutting her badge background I thought I would take a photo. 

I've always loved Helen's unique style and if I didn't like her so much could be a teeny tiny bit envious of how stunning she always looks. 

So when I said that I liked the way my shelves looked behind her, I actually meant that her presence enhanced the whole image...


I suppose I just kept digging the hole but she very kindly forgave me and we believe we have invented a new job title for someone...'Shelf Enhancer - do YOU have THE look?'


 I absolutely ADORE the funky spider which Helen W made.  He's SO cute!






I had such fun making the flowers, frog and worm


Helen B's Butterflies and ladybirds are FABULOUS and I just loved the 'knockability' test she gave them.


So here it is, finished. Lots of recycled materials, laughter and fusing of friendship later. We hope the Barnaby visitors like it!



Thank you so much for coming last night. I thoroughly enjoyed it  and  think we should do it again, soon!  Thanks Helen B for the lift home.  See you soon!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment